Friday, January 11, 2013

DJC Halohalo in Tiwi,Albay

(Halo-halo (from Tagalog word halò, "mix") is a popular Filipino dessert that is a mixture of shaved ice and evaporated milk to which are added various boiled sweet beans and fruits, and served in a tall glass or bowl.- from WIKIPEDIA)

We recently went to Bicol with friends, we stayed in Nabua, Camarines Sur because a friend's brother live there and her parents are from there. But we traveled to as far as Tiwi,Albay for their famous halohalo. DJC is the name of the place, located very near the Municipal Hall and the church. It took us more than an hour (per way) in the road but it's worth it. We all loved it. (I just read now that they have branch in Naga, had I known it before, we should have gone there instead of Tiwi) 

There is something special with this halohalo, it's cheesy and not too sweet for me (not fond of sweets eh ). My husband can finish one bowl in one sitting. 

However it is much expensive compared to regular/normal halohalo in the country. The cost is 75.00 (less than $2) if serve with ice cream (picture above) smaller one without ice cream is 60.00. During summer days, you can buy halohalo at 15.00 to 25.00 in the streets. :)

I wish they'll branch out here in Manila- for sure they'll be popular.




4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I miss halo halo, Rocks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the ingredients of this particular halohalo aside from the icecream? For me, I prefer the original halohalo without ice cream, just the yummy goodness of sweetened fruits and beans, and rootcrops. Plus leche flan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not had this but it sure looks good.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love halo halo! Now you make me want to eat one now! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!