Thursday, January 16, 2014

Household budget and expenses

 image source : http://momitforward.com/home-management-7-items-to-track-on-your-family-expenses-sheet

They say keeping track of your expenses will help you manage your budget/finances effectively. I attempted to do it many times but I failed in keeping it up. I am really not so good when it comes to budgeting and expenses but I will not give up. I will try again once more.

So beginning this month, I started listing down again every expenses and guess what?  I am surprised to know how we are over spending as against our income..tsk tsk. Such a bad practice. I know I deserve a scolding  for that or maybe even more.

I need to be disciplined and do something about it, otherwise our dream house will remain a dream forever. And more than that, we should be good steward of what God has entrusted to us.

But honestly, I really do not know where to cut off from the list of our expenses because most of it are not for ourselves naman except for the local trips and short vacation. Oh well, whether I like it or not I have to do some trimming or maybe have an extra income besides our monthly salaries. Sounds good but for now our only source is our salaries eh.

Nevertheless, this "listing down all expenses" is doing me good and I pray I can stick to it until it becomes a habit and hopefully our finances will soon be better :)

Do you also keep a list of your expenses? If not, try doing one, you might also be as surprised as I was :D

3 comments:

  1. Hubby and I are very good at budgeting. It's a must and if people don't know where their money goes then they need to find out. Some people spend a fortune on specialty coffee (Starbucks) and other eat out all the time. That really adds up.

    Have a fabulous day Rocks. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meron ganyang peg? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha!! yup carmel :) para lang alam ko kung san napunta kayamanan namin :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!