Monday, May 5, 2014

One year and still missing him

This weekend, we commemorated my Dads passing. It was a sad/happy occasion. Happy that we got to see all our dear friends and relatives again, sad that we still do miss Tatay very much. We prepared most of his favorite food such as menudo and lechonn (roast pig). I'm sure he's happy.

It has been one year-and still I can not look at his pictures and not cry. 

But of course, we have moved on despite the sadness and grief. I guess missing him is now part of our existence and that there will always be that special space in our heart for him. A space that only belongs to a father.

I spent 3 days in the province and we really had a good time with the kids, we went swimming in a nearby resort which we usually do during summer.

Today, my mom will finally go home with my sister and will stay here in the city for good. To my relief because that means I can now see her often. Our house in the province will be temporarily empty but it will always be full of happy memories.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a year? Wow, I hadn't realized that. Yes you will always miss your father. I miss my mother and father and think of them everyday. They've been gone a very long time.

    I'm glad your mom is moving in with your sister. It will be far easier for her to have someone to care for her.

    Have a fabulous day Rocks. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Sandee..it's been a year already and yet I still miss him everyday.
    Have a fabulous day too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!