Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Home Decor. DIY. Inspired

I'm so inspired to do some DIY home decor and design (naks!) thanks to Elle of switcheroom :) I'm hooked to her blog and been reading since last week (can't get enough of her cheap but beautiful decors and DIYs)

Okay, so I am inspired and I've been conceptualizing ideas in my head and been looking around for those ideas BUT......

Houston, I've got a problem.

I DO NOT HAVE A HOME :(

Call me crazy or weird because I know, how can someone read about home decor when she doesn't even have a house of her own?

So where to spill the ideas I'm getting from all the readings I've made?

The answer : My parents house in the province. That would be perfect! that house is old and is in need of a lot of things and I'm making it as my big big project for this year ( yes..I'm that inspired !) because the house is 4 hours away from where I currently live. I've gone crazy :D

Well, my plan is to do it one at a time, one corner every time we visit , (please don't ask how often do we visit) and I'll start next week!! We'll be there from 5th to 9th of April and I'm sure I'll be able to do something while I'm there.

First off is to change the century old wall paper.I'm bringing in some white wall paper and it would be perfect for the gallery wall (in my mind) And as I have said, I'll just do one wall at a time. I'm sure my parents will be surprised because normally when I'm there I just sleep all day and all night.

Oh..it's summer and my dream nipa hut (nipa hut is our version of gazebo or sunroom) in front of our house is also perfect but even a nipa hut is expensive and I can't afford that. I'm just dreaming.

Anyways, I hope I can do this all and not just spur of the moment project in mind :)

4 comments:

  1. How nice of you and I'm sure your parents will be very happy too. You are a good daughter.

    Have a fabulous day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandee!! my parents will be surprise..I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The home is your little beautiful space in the world. You can go all out and ensure that your home decor creates an ambience that will help you relax and rejuvenate. Home interiors should be chosen carefully and after fair thought to all the different aspects of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While some home decor projects require the use of professionals, there are others that you can do yourself, helping you save money while getting the job done right. You can spend some time on researching the techniques that go into that specific project as well as the materials you will need to complete the task. DIY home decor is truly a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!