Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day

Yesterday - as it was the second Sunday of June.

We had the normal activity in the church, we recognized the fathers and let them stand in front, the congregation prayed for them and wished them Happy Father's Day. Family members hugged and kissed them.

I have two major reasons now to put this special occasion as my least favorite.

1. It's never the same and will never be without my father. While he was still with us, we'd gather and have some special food during the day or for dinner but it's been different for the 2nd time now. I have no one to kiss and say how much I love him. But I'm glad and thankful I did all that while he was still here. 

2.  Since we got married, every time this day comes and we do that normal routine activity in the church, they will ask my husband to stand along with the fathers and it hurts so bad that no child (of our own) is going in front to hug him and kiss him. For 8 long years,I've put on-we've put on a smile but I think that has to stop now. Yes, we have learn to accept the reality that we might not have children but it still hurt that much when they do that. It's like telling us a million times again-that my husband is still a husband and not a Father.

So there it is...but of course, it doesn't mean I'm not going to greet all the great fathers I know there. After all it's their day sadly though not my husbands'.

2 comments:

  1. I get why you are sad. I really do and I understand it too. Have the two of you thought about adoption? You'd be giving a little one a good life filled with love. A little one that needs a mom and a dad.

    Have a blessed day my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for understanding Sandee. We are actually praying and thinking and discussing about adoption- I think it's our last and only option now.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!