Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sinampalukang Manok (chicken in tamarind soup)

Guess what? The beef I said I will cook on my last post didn't happen at all that night. Why? because my father had a changed of mind. He realized it would be too late to cook such and we were all hungry for dinner. So I was spared :)

So what we have for dinner that night was a quick chicken meal recipe, one that I have tried many times. Hubby liked it and he requested for it so I gladly did it for them. At least this one is not as complicated as finding the best acne treatments out there and certainly not as hard as the beef recipe.

Sinampalukang manok:(chicken in tamarind soup)

1 kilo chicken (adobo cuts and soup pack)
Garlic
Onions
ginger
tamarind cubes
mustard leaves
green chili leaves
fresh tamarind fruits

I sauteed the ginger,garlic and onion in butter then I added the chicken,I covered the pan and let it cooked for at least 15 to 20 minutes. I added the tamarind cubes and the tamarind juice. I added the mustard and chili leaves.Serve hot!

I forgot to take pictures though but everyone said it's yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love sinampalukan....I rarely eat it here....coz the ingredients are hard to find....hehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!