Thursday, June 16, 2011

My version of Pork Binagoongan

I've been cooking! and we've been over eating :(
It was Sunday night after checking some fireplace mantel designs when I decided to try the Pork Binagoongan recipe I got from J-mies recipe blog. I just made some variations.

Here’s how I did it.
I boiled the pork for at least 10 minutes, then fried it until crisp brown.
Sauté the onion and garlic, add minced tomatoes
Add the bagoong (shrimp paste) and small amount of vinegar, simmer until the shrimp paste is well cooked.
I then added the pork and the sliced eggplants.
I added a spoon of brown sugar also and simmered until the eggplants are soft enough :)
And I am done!! This is best with rice of course.

 and my grade?
pasado siempre!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Now that makes me want to cook binagoongan for dinner. :P
    Are there left overs for me? :D or was it too delish that dolf ate it all? Let's have dinner together... soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really good. I missed Philippines food. I had stayed there before for about 1.5 years before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!!..its my favorite dish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!