Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Thankful

Last October 10, we celebrated Nanay's 76th birthday. We went home to be with her, we did not have any grand celebration like what we had last year but it's still meaningful. What matters most to me is that we got to spend time with her, letting her know that she is loved by us.

She said days before her birthday she dream of my Tatay, in her dream, he was asking her to come with him and stroll somewhere, glad she didn't go :(

When Tatay was still with us, he would always remind us of Nanay's birthday and will often ask us of what are we going to prepare for that day. No doubt, he loved Nanay, 56 years of marriage, it was only death that separated them. 

I just hope, we made Nanay happy even if we did not do anything special on her birthday, we were just there together with some relatives and her closest friends and yes it was such a happy time.


I love you so much Nanay, I am so glad you have reached 76 and am looking forward to more happy birthdays to come. May your prayers be granted. 

Her special prayer is that she be given more years, for her to see her grand kids graduate in college. My eldest nephew is graduating in 2018. I'm sure she'll be there to celebrate with all of us.


2 comments:

  1. It's hard to watch parents get old and are unable to do what they used to do. It's hard. Hubby and I are getting old too and we're feeling what age does. I'm so happy you were there for her birthday. You're both wonderful kids.

    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Nanay,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandee!! Yup, it's hard to watch them grow old. Sometimes I miss her younger/stronger days but am happy that she is still with us.

    Have a fabulous day too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!