Monday, October 26, 2015

Typhoon Koppu

According to news and the weather bureau, it was the worst storm to hit the Philippines this year. It was given a local name Lando.

Our home province was directly hit and we were greatly affected. Nueva Ecija was put under the state of calamity. 

I was very worried because of my Nanay who lives there and I wanted to go home immediately on Monday (Oct.19) but the roads are impassable due to flooding and fallen trees and debris. Finally, I was able to go home the day after. 

It is heart breaking to see my home town devastated, Cabanatuan City is almost covered with mud, people are starting to clean when I get there as the flood began to subside already.

Rice farmers are mostly affected as it was almost harvest time when the storm hit. Nueva Ecija is the rice granary of the Philippines because we are the largest rice producers so in effect the whole country will be affected by this calamity.

Despite of what have happened, I am thankful all of my relatives are safe, specially my Nanay. I have friends who were literally rescued from the roof of their houses but praise God they were all safe now.
 
   


I  took the photos during the repair of our roof  which was damaged by the typhoon. The Lord is good, He has provided for the replacement.

Thank you God for you have kept my family safe.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your family is safe and the roof will be repaired. You are most fortunate.

    Have a blessed day my friend. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!