Monday, May 16, 2016

Better late than never :)

We're one week late in celebrating Mother's day but as I have said, it's better late than never. 

My heart is breaking to see Nanay so different from her old self, you know after that very unfortunate accident, she might have recovered physically but I guess it triggered the onset of Alzheimer/Dementia. She is now being repetitive, asking the same questions over and over again and she's counting the days literally. Sigh. 

But still, am thankful that she is in high spirits, happy and physically strong. She washes her own clothes, cooks her food and she is still able to clean our old house. I am also grateful that she finally agreed to come with us here in Manila and spend some time here with my siblings.

She didn't know we were coming home last Saturday and she's more than happy to see us.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you went to see her. It so hard when they get older. So hard.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!