Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The heat is still on!



It's already May but the temperature is not subsiding, not yet. For the past years (before climate change happened) rains starts to come during month of May, but not this year. El Nino hit us hard I must say.

Last night, I was totally deprived of a good sleep because of the heat. I did not watch the news so I don't know what the heat index is but I think it is one for the record.  I never really get jealous of those who sleep in the comfort of an air conditioning unit (maybe installed by Columbus Air Conditioning in their room but last night I really wish I was one of them. I was up at one in the morning and I wanted to go down and take a bath because I am sweating in the middle of the night with 2 electric fans on!

We were also in Davao few weeks ago for the youth camp and honestly I did not tire of the works and all but I was tired because of the heat! One of our staff even got sick.

I really wish for this summer season to be over soon. Like how I also fervently wish for the election to be over, glad that it’s done now and we now have a new President elect. This election (actually the campaign period) is one of the most divisive we had, I unfollowed a lot of people in facebook because of the very offensive, negative, political posts. And mind you, some are still posting negative, bitter, hatred posts even if the election is now over. I, in return posted “think before you click” kinda posts.

Anyways, back to the heat index, I don’t know if tonight will be different, I hope it is not that bad and that I will now wish for an air conditioning unit tonight. I hope I can sleep better. Wish me well.


2 comments:

  1. We're having the same issue with our elections. I've not added new friends that I know think differently than I do. It's not worth it.

    Have a fabulous day and I hope it cools down soon. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sandee, elections issues are headache, glad it's over here now. Sorry for not visiting too often :(

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!