Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Forest Wood Garden, San Pablo Laguna



Someone with a very good heart treated us for a different kind of food here in San Pablo, Laguna after the camp. The place is amazing as well as the food because it is grown there and is organic. I never thought I'll enjoy mushrooms but I did and best of it all we picked them up and they cook it in front of us!


From there to the table :) look!

Fried mushrooms ala Calamare :) below is the vinegar sauce which makes it even more mouth watering!

Another signature food from Forest wood is the "Plantsado"  and yes it came from the word "plantsa" or to iron because literally, you have to iron it like this :)
Not the electric iron though but the old school iron where they have to put charcoal inside :) Plantsado is a combination of different root crops. It's delicious I tell you, not only did I enjoyed "ironing" my food but also the taste of it! We had lots of buko juice also! We did not get to taste their "kalabuko" so I think we have to come back for that.

Forest wood Garden also does landscaping that is why they have plenty of ornamental plants in their place. It is very quiet here and very refreshing. I can stay here and read a book the whole day or maybe just sleep the whole day. :)


The owner said that some of their huts were damaged during typhoon Glenda but they are rebuilding new ones.

They offer a lot more, they have man made lake and you can also use their place as camp site. So if you're living on this side or if you are going South, please go and drop by, the owners are both Christians and they are also doing ministries in their area. I'm sure you will love it there! They have facebook page, visit their site for decent pictures and details : forest wood garden

And for more info please contact Joel & Myrna Frago @ 09399387201 / 09399387131.

1 comment:

  1. I love mushrooms. And that sauce sounds very good. It's fun to have food that you love and that's good for you.

    Have a blessed day my friend. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!