Thursday, March 27, 2008

I know I am not a good cook but...

Last Friday, while having our movie marathon, I took time to cook Tuna spaghetti for my nephews. I got the recipe in my kitchen calendar and since we’re not home that time I remembered all the ingredients and the cooking process only in my memory.

I am not a good cook, I have to admit that, but when I do it I make sure I do it with all my heart specially when I’m cooking the recipe for the first time. I have always been fascinated with the chefs and I watched several cooking reality shows, even local cooking TV shows I catch them up when I have time. I love the way they prepare something ordinary and make it look super special. Interesting.

I guess that’s the wonder of being a graduate from a culinary school or a chef school.

How I wish I am one of them but that of course I know would always remain a wish on my list. I heard culinary schools are quite expensive, but it’s all worth it I should say. Chef earned big bucks especially if you work for some five star hotel or top restaurant or maybe even more in luxury ships.

For now, I will enjoy whatever I can cook for my hubby and for my nephews & nieces. They loved that Tuna Spaghetti and I’m happy.

By the way, if you’re looking for some culinary schools. Check this site. They have broad list of cooking school. Who knows you’ll be one of the next top chef in the country.

Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. I came over from TSB. I just wanted to say that my grandmother taught me to cook when I was a little girl. You don't need to go to an expensive school (even though I agree it sounds fascinating!) to be a good cook. I got away from real cooking for a while (long story) but I've gotten back into it in the last 18 months. I was a little rusty but it's all coming back to me. The more you practice, the better you get. So play with new recipes & experiment and don't be afraid of having some err... mishaps. ;-) All part of the learning process!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!