Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Abbreviation of terms in Fertility

For many years that I've been reading about infertility and getting pregnant I've encountered lots of terms that at first I was like"what is this?" and often times i stop reading and search for the meaning of that abbreviated word or the acronym.

I gathered some of the words and listed them here hoping that it would help those who are reading about infertility too.

TTC - Trying To Conceive

CD- Cycle Day

OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kits

BD - Baby Dance (which means making love or the intercourse)

BBT - Basal Body Temperature (this is being use to chart your body temp, to know if you have ovulated or not)

 HPT  - Home pregnancy test

AF - Aunt Flo (menstrual period)

BFP - Big Fat Positive ( which means a positive pregnancy test)

DPO- Days PAst Ovulation

PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - which is my case :(

Those are the very common acronym words I see from day to day, but feel free to add  the words you know too.







5 comments:

  1. Rocks, I too do not know these terms until now. Much more the abbreviations.
    How are u? God will give you and your husband a baby in His time. Hugs!
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so past all these things. I do hope you and hubby get pregnant though. That would be awesome.

    Have a terrific day Rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have PCO too. last i had checkup, the left ovary is now normal. woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pia - I'm scheduling an ultra sound next week and I'm praying both of my ovaries will be fine then :)God is good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!