Wednesday, January 21, 2009

40 Tips for a better life

My cousin emailed me this and I'm posting it here with my comments of course. I'm doing this so I can remember what tips to follow or not. But mind you all the tips are good if you will do it. Anyways, I am making it four posts since 40 is too long, you might get bored, here's the first ten.


1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

- I will try this starting today promise.

2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.

- Hmnn..I think that’s not too hard to do.

3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.

- The problem with my sleeping late is not the TV but the late night blogging and surfing. I guess I have to find another solution for that. I think I have to get my own laptop so I can blog in bed and sleep - but don't have the budget yet. Maybe before the year ends. I am actually looking for Toshiba Satellite now. I wish I can afford one.

4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'

- It’s a nice idea. I’ll try to do that too.

5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.

6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.

- Yey!!! I love this? See playing games is not that bad right? my hubby should read this. More farm frenzy!! More harvest moon!

7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.

- PRAYER is the BEST!

8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.

- That means I have to visit my parents more often. :) love that too!

9. Dream more while you are awake.

- Sorry, I’m in the office while awake baka the boss will get mad at me.hehe!

10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.

- I would love to practice this too. less processed food is healthier.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this one in fact I printed one. Cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like that last one! All the others are good though and things I try to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound like good ideas...I used to walk everyday but had to stop when I got pregnant. I plan to take it up again as soon as the weather is warmer...

    Thankyou for breaking it up...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!