Sunday, October 25, 2009

Health and PCOS Update

If you are a regular reader of my blog (of course I hope there is one out there) maybe by now you know that I am PCOS. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Both ovaries. Had my first TVS last 2007 and consulted OB for a couple of months and then we stopped, we didn't have any fertility work-ups because honestly we can't afford it. All the consultation,medicines and those fertility treatments will cost us an arm and a leg. So we decided to leave it up to the Lord and just wait for His miracle.

Obviously we haven't given one until now. How are we? I can't say we're doing great about it because really we are not.

We long to hold our own baby in our hands, buy some cute stuff, cradle, carry and see that sweetest smile.

But we are are certainly not losing hope. So while we are on hold for the treatment, we plan to continue next year, I read and try to equip my self in relation to PCOS, pregnancy and childbirth, mostly though about coping up with this syndrome I had. Internet has helped me a lot about this because there are thousand of articles out there where you can read and learn about PCOS and pregnancy. Articlealley.com is one of them. I get good reads about fertility, maternity and almost about everything with regards to pregnancy and childbirth.

I bought some books also.

So far up to this time I am still overweight ( do not know my exact weight now, weighing scale is one of my greatest enemy) but my menstrual period is better. Before I get it once in six months or once in four months but now the span is shorter like every other month or sometimes I'll have regular period in three months. So I hope when we go back to OB next year, there would be some improvements and she will say we have a big chance.

For now, I'll keep reading and hoping.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!