Tuesday, February 19, 2008

When was the last time you said I love you?


We had a valentine party for the couple in our church last Friday Night, there was a compatibility game where the host asks the couple the same questions and see if they could answer it correctly..It’s funny how the batch of “young once” tried to go back down memory lane and remember a particular date or place like “where was your first date?” or what was the first ”lihi” food your wife asked from you?.”
These couples have been married 15 years and above so I understand how it’s hard for them to remember everything specially the guys. I said nga to my hubby.."you know mahal..we will not gonna win that kind of game".. because I knew hubby is not good in remembering dates and places and the many first things in our relationship.

But what made me sad was..during the batch of “young ones” –meaning couples married 15 years and below..and I see that these are our batches. Ate Becca asked them, when was the last time you said I love you to your wife?

Some answered, yesterday, some said a while ago but one guy answered “last new year”..ouuch…I said to my self..how sad..Hubby may forget our first date, our first meal or even our anniversary..but everyday he make it a point to say his I love you’s to me..upon waking up, while eating..when he take me to office..every chance he could get..and I do the same..and for me..that’s important..I love it when from out of nowhere he would just say "I love you mahal".
An expression of love verbally is important in any relationship. I believe we woman always need an assurance that we are loved..and don’t you think hearing them so often form your husband is one precious gift we can have?

So how about you? when was the last time you said I love you to your significant other?

1 comment:

  1. sis, i made an entry on my blog... sharing the last time that I said i love you to my G :) read it here: http://gwen-en-marisalvilla102905.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-love-you.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!