Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Birthday thoughts for hubby

Hubby’s celebrating his birthday on the 14th and much as I want to give him something or treat him somewhere else, we both know we cannot afford it this time. I really wanted an overnight stay in any of the not so expensive hotels in town since his birthday falls on Sunday and Monday is no work for them but sigh, have to think twice about it.

I even desired luxury vacations for us, last month there were tempting offers from travel agencies like cheap rates to Boracay, Palawan, Bohol and other local tourist destinations and it’s really tempting to book and swipe that card but I made a promise to myself that if I cannot afford to pay it in cash then I really cannot afford it. So the out of town trip is really out now.

I don’t even think we could afford to treat our closest friends, how sad. But that is life, after all these are tough times. OR it could be the other way around, they can treat hubby and me as a gift. LOL :D calling all my good friends out there!!

Anyways, hubby will be delighted still because I’m buying him the Fireflight CD he’s been asking since last month. Of course that will still be a surprise not unless he got to read this before Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. so sweet of you! And, yes, its wise of you to be careful in your spending. I'm in more or less the same predicament as you (in regard to being tempted to go somewhere for a vacation) hehe... choices! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Advance happy birthday to your hubby.

    I also wanted to give my hubby an expensive gift like watch on our anniversary on October but I don't think I can afford it...hayyyyyyy, hirap ng buhay ngayon, but I think what's important is...we remember the special occasion and take time & effort to greet the person closest to our heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!