Monday, August 11, 2008

Have You Rewarded Yourself Lately?

Got this in my email this morning and thought of sharing it with my PCOS sisters out there ..It's sad realizing I have not been good to my self (body) for the past 7 months.No changes except for more weight gain. ugh. I hope to do better before the year ends. It is so frustrating trying to fit in your almost new jeans and finally give up.

**************************************************************************************************

The long, pleasant days of summer will be over before long. Before you get swept up in the "busyness" of the fall season, why not take a few moments to acknowledge the positive changes you've made in your life thus far in 2008?
It's time to honor yourself and remind yourself of the good results you have created.

Self-esteem and self-respect can be major issues for those with PCOS. So it's a blessing to take time out to consider the positive changes in your life. It will help you develop a stronger relationship with yourself, and will encourage the continuance of good habits in the future.

As you reflect on the past seven months, ask yourself these questions:

• What is at least one change I have made since January to take better care of my body?
• What risks have I taken? What fears or challenges have I faced?
• How have I grown and matured as a person? What qualities have I developed? Am I more patient, focused, or financially responsible?
• How have I improved my environment? Have I cleaned up my home or office and gotten rid of unwanted clutter in my life? Have I created an environment that supports me emotionally and gives me pleasure?
• What have I done to help others improve the quality of their lives?
• What else has changed?

Never mind what you didn't accomplish. Focus on what worked instead of on what still needs to change. Make a written list of at least five positive changes you've made so far this year, no matter how modest they may be.
It's important to put this list in writing. Doing so sends a powerful message to yourself that you are worth the time and energy. And, as your self-worth increases, the world responds accordingly. You become a magnet for better life experiences.

As you acknowledge your accomplishments and growth, you build self-respect and self-trust, which support you in making healthier choices for you and your loved ones.

Living a healthier, more balanced life is more than eating a healthy diet and getting plenty of exercise. It's also learning how to be kind to yourself.

So reward yourself for what you've accomplished. Share your successes with a friend or family member. Spend an afternoon at the beach or in the mountains, take yourself to the theater, enjoy dinner with a friend, buy yourself a gift or treat yourself to a massage. You deserve to celebrate your successes!

Want to read more about PCOS? click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. God bless!!